Wednesday, July 3, 2013

14 weeks + Gender??

~Happy 2nd Trimester~

Richard and I went to see the twosies today, together. I did a regular ultrasound and an internal.
Both babies are face down and head down (A was too around this time).

Baby A has a ton of room. The heartbeat was 161. We got a butt shot!

Baby B looks a little smooshed. The heartbeat was 143. Got a butt shot, too!

The dr and I discussed progesterone shots again. After thinking about them for a month, I have decided that I want to go through with it and start the shots at 16 weeks. I worry. I worry about everything and I think of the worse possible scenarios all the time. It isn't that I am a pessimist, I just think of all of the possibilities. It is horrible and I don't think I will ever be able to change. I'm going back to work soon and I want a piece of mind knowing that I have done everything I could to prevent preterm labor. I want to know that I am doing everything I can to keep these babies safe. There is no supportive evidence, though, to show that the shots prevent preterm in multiples.

I am going to go to the high risk dr soon to get measurements and to make sure the twosies are good.

I am also going to go to the cardiologist. I get winded from sitting on the couch and it will last all day. My heart rate will be over 100bpm. This happens at least 2x a week. I am absolutely sure it is hormonal, but I want to make sure that my heart isn't another factor for preterm labor. Going back to work soon will put a lot of stress on my body and heart. This will be just another reassurance that everything is OK.

Cervix is 3.3, so we are still good!


This week: 
Cravings-  I wanted Hooter's wings this morning. I am still craving collards. Salads? Yes, salads. Chocolate. I really want chocolate cake!

Sleep- What sleep? I did take a 3 hr nap yesterday! However, I did wake up at 4 am to work.... Yuck.

Pain- I have been feeling soooooo much growing lately. It feels like someone is taking my stomach muscles are ripping them apart sometimes. I get really back posterior pelvic pain which will last for day. It gets to the point where I cannot lift my right leg. I have started doing some stretching/exercises for my lower back the past week and haven't had any issues yet. I hope it is working!

Movement- Last week the twosies were maniacs. Since they have flipped, I am not feeling them as much, but I do feel their little backs push against the outside. They do this every morning.

The sex? 
We don't know for sure yet.
What do the Old Wives Tales say? Let's go through some of them.

Heart rates- Over 140 they are girls. But, B's is a lot slower than A's... 

Carrying- Im carrying low. Possibly boys. However, it is my 2nd and they are usually lower than the first.

Cravings- I'm craving everything, sweet and salty. I have always loved sweets, but was never a big salty person. This pregnancy, I am putting salt on almost everything. I love it! I woke up this morning wanting Hooter's wings, but settled for eggs and tomatoes. 

Morning sickness- I had it in the beginning, but upped the folic acid and now I'm better. I just get sick if I don't eat! I would say both boy and girl to this one because I was sick.

Sleep on the right or left side- I sleep on both. Only because I get very unformfortable sleeping on one side for too long. Earlier in the pregnancy, I would get dizzy sleeping on either side so I would sleep on my back. To this, I say both.

Hands- If your hands are soft- girl. Dry- boy. My skin was really dry in the beginning, now it has kind of evened out. I will say both.

What do you think they are?

 (actually 13 weeks in pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment