Wednesday, July 17, 2013

16 weeks, what's new?

16 Weeks

We discovered an AMAZING detail this week about the the twosies. Yes, it does have to do with sex... well, not sex, but gender sex! Im not telling until next week. We actually found out early because the ultrasound tech was confused. Here is what happened this week and what we found out at the ultrasound:

Size: Twosies would be 3 1/2 ounces based on the weeks. However they are a whopping 6 OZ each! Big babies. They are measuring 17 weeks- slightly larger than a turnip. 
Placement: Baby A is near my left hip bone. Baby B is close to my right rib cage... 
Movement:  Yes. It was wonderful to see them in action hitting and kicking each other. They rolled and spun all over the place. I am feeling it much more now, but Richard cannot. Im hoping around 20 weeks he will!
Measurements: They have 2 sides of their brains, 4 chambers in their hearts, all fingers and toes, bellies, 2 arms and legs. Baby A's heart rate went down to 131, but I cannot remember baby B. :( Like I said, they are measuring a week larger and weigh 6oz. 
Weight gain: I accidentally looked at the scale because I almost knocked it down with my pregnancy clumsiness.... 20lbs so far!! I guess all that fried chicken this weekend wasn't a good idea? OH! But, it was! 
Other "symptoms": Tired.. still tired, but more motivated. Motivation is good. Still hungry. Emotional. Everything lately seems so sad. I am also feeling pissed off at many people. I am laying low to not let my anger out and staying calm. I figure if I don't go out, I wont get mad. I snapped at a lady at Peter Piper Pizza when she asked what the take home boxes are for. Seriously, what are they for??!! I'm a "betch". 
Embarrassing Symptoms: Many of them! Oh Lawrd, Aint No Body Got Time For That! I guess when you're pg, you do! 


My plus 1
I showed my little Plus 1 the ultrasound pics and told her again that they were in my belly. She said, "No mommy, they are on the pictures!"
She doesn't seem to like the idea of being a big sister, yet. But, we are still working on it. The more I think about the twosies, the more I realize that they aren't really going to bond with her as much as only 1 other sibling would. The twosies will be best friends and that is GREAT! My little "Plus 1" will always be mine in a different way than the twosies will. 
She is a ham. She loves to goof off. Daycare says that she could be blonde (no offense to blondes out there). I think she gets it from her daddy. :)

Stay tuned for the gender announcement!

1 comment:

  1. I think you might have the summertime blues. It is going around dog days of summer in 120 degree heat it is hard to stay sweet. I change the music on my ipod, that helps and grit my teeth a lot. Ava will LOVE the babies one for her and one for you:)

    ReplyDelete