Tuesday, June 25, 2013

13 Weeks + 2 Peaches + Foamy Bread?

Happy 13 Weeks! 

The Twosies have fingerprints now. Isn't that amazing? Something so small can have identifying features. 
They are each 3 inches long, about the size of a peach! The twosies also are forming vocal cords. If the twosies are girls, they already have ovaries and eggs in the ovaries! The development is just amazing. But, I am hoping for boys this time. 

As I reflect on this week's food choices, I am in shock over the amount of crap I have eaten. I'm NOT overly concerned about the amount of weight I am gaining, I am concerned over the amount of crap that I am ingesting and, boy, am I feeling it.
I have had stomach aches almost every day this week. I've been eating breads, pasta, cheese, canned soups, processed high sodium and everything else I shouldn't eat. I think these food are causing me to dehydrate easily; therefore, causing me to cramp a lot more. 
I am bloated... and it sucks. So, time for me to flush and eat more fresh foods. 

My sister informed me that bread has FOAM! WTF... FOAM?
So I looked into it as soon as I got home. I started thinking about that loaf of bread in my pantry that has been good for over a month... Gross!
Most breads contain Bromide and Azodicarbonamide. 
Bromide apparently is naturally occurring in ocean creatures. We ingest it through food, asthma inhalers, and other medications. Fire retardants and an alternative for pool chlorine are both made from this substance. However, when humans ingest too much bromide, it harms your endocrine system. It is linked to thyroid problems, cancers, behavioral problems, and the more severe: psychosis and schizophrenia.

Azodicarbonamide is another food additive. It was first used as an ingredient to build foam plastics and synthetic rubber (yoga mats for example). The UK advised its people that this substance is the cause of Asthma! Of course it is banned in European countries, but not in the good old USA!

Here is the link to the pesticide database that contains the interesting side effects if inhaled or comes into contact with your skin/eyes... 

Well, I feel bad for feeding my family the bread that stays good for years. Nothing but the fresh made stuff for us!

Just a funny I felt was appropriate for this week... 


1 comment:

  1. Sorry.. some of these things really shouldnt be in our foods. I love you ! and your peaches and my sweet baby Ava!

    ReplyDelete