Tuesday, June 11, 2013

11 Weeks: Development "Wait! Did I forget something?"

Well, the Twosies are 11 weeks yesterday. There has been so much going on in this belly, that it is unbelievable.

The Twosies are the 1 1/2 inches long each. Both are approximately the size of a fig.

They already have personalities. Baby B was a dancin' maniac; while baby A was very chill. It will be interesting to see them in a month and if they still have the same personalities.
I am feeling them more often now which is the greatest feeling in the world. Let's see if I feel the same way in 3 months. The "doctors" say there is no way that twins can be felt this early; they say it is impossible. However, if you feel something little moving around and you don't, ehh emm, fart or burp shortly after it is probably the babies. And, second timers feel babies earlier anyways.

I was brushing my daughter's teeth and getting her ready for bed when she started to talk about the babies. I got so excited! She said while lifting her shirt, "I have 2 babies (holding up 2 fingers) in my belly. One here (pointing to one side of her belly) and one here (pointing to the other side)!" I asked her if mommy has babies in her belly, and she said, "No, no babies in your big belly! Just my big little belly!" I just about died... She cracks me up. The idea of brothers or sisters has been brought up to her, but I need to do something more. She is very nurturing, so I think she will be a great big sister. However, she now wants me to feed her like a baby and she wants to use the baby spoons. I honestly don't mind. If this makes her feel better, why stop?

Oh, I almost forgot...
Forgetfulness is in full swing! Anyone who knows me knows that I am normally forgetful. I need many reminders throughout the day. I think it has something to do with the enormous amount of information my brain can hold that it sometimes gets lost in there.
I sent out a card to our little niece who turned one, and just about misspelled everything- even my name. The poor guy behind the counter at the post office was very nice and understanding since I had my screaming miserable little girl right next to me when I was filling out the address and spelled the city wrong. He must have had grandchildren.
My husband asked me about dinner Monday night and I literally couldn't tell him the ingredients which included peas, corn, green beans and mashed potatoes... Nothing! I couldn't spit anything out, but he is so good he understood what I was saying.
I had to take my little one to the dentist and I couldn't think of the word "sealant". Instead it was, "You know those things that cover your teeth." She is having teeth issues even with brushing and flossing. (I'm thinking I may try to have to rinse with apple cider vinegar a couple times a week to kill the bacteria.)
I forgot that I has soup boiling on the stove, went to the bathroom and came back to find my stove top covered in hot soup!

Sleep- I have been staying up throughout the day instead of napping for the past few days because my brain just keeps thinking. It wants to gogogogo. I fall asleep easily, but have been waking up at 4:30 am without my little one's wake up call. If I lay there for 4 hours I will eventually fall asleep, but by that point my daughter wants to play and there is no sleep.

I have been trying to stay away from gluten, not because I want to jump on the GF bandwagon, but I do have a reaction every time I eat it. It is difficult though when your husband brings home donuts for breakfast. When the donuts aren't here, I will eat 2 egg tacos. I use 2 corn heated corn tortillas, 2 eggs, a little bit of cheese, and half an avocado.
It is pretty good and I haven't had a reaction, even though I am allergic to eggs and milk.
I do need to eat more protein, but I don't really want it. Going grocery shopping will help, I guess. Quinoa is a GF grain and a full protein. Very versatile. I'm not one for beans. Actually thinking about bean and legumes during this PG makes me gag. I did find almond milk ice cream and almost died of happiness!

What was the biggest thing you forgot about?

P.S. My BFF for 15 years turned 30 today! Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment