Thursday, June 20, 2013

12+ weeks

Almost out of the "worrisome" first trimester!

The twosies were playing the drums today. It is such a good feeling.

I have been on the elliptical more, maybe twice this week! 
If my body is telling me I need to rest and not move, then I listen. The weight will come off and it isn't something to be concerned over. 
Being pregnant with twins, your body wants you to gain more weight in the beginning because you really wont have any room to eat towards the end and you may go into preterm labor. The more weight you gain earlier on, the healthier the babies will be in if they are born earlier. 

Aches and Pains- 
My hips hurt! Well, one hip hurts. It is always popping. 
Sciatica nerve pain is a bitch! Sunday, I couldn't walk without feeling like my back was going to break. I did a few lower back arch stretches that took care of it for a little while, but it hurts so bad that I don't like doing them. 

Food and snacks-
I made peach cobbler on Sunday for Father's Day. It was delish! The Hubs didn't even take a bite, so I ate it all in 3 days. :)
I also made 2 dips- basil hummus, and dill yogurt dip ( he doesn't like that either). I've been dipping cucumbers, carrots, and celery in with an occasional chip or cracker. 
I have never really liked cereal too much, but lately it has been my go to breakfast! I love to chop up bananas, strawberries, and blueberries and add them to my cereal. 
I made toasted asian quinoa for lunch today. It was really tasty! Saved some left overs for lunch tomorrow. 
If you would like to see these recipes, let me know and I will update this post. 

Sleep-
Can't sleep... Bought some camomile tea to help calm me down.

Hormones- are going wacky!
I feel like I am having a boy, but I thought Ava was going to be a boy. 
I think I am having a boy because I feel like my testosterone levels have increased. My face has started breaking out, also I have the patience of a rubber band and can snap at any time. I guess we will find out in about 5 weeks. Until then we will keep guessing. 


 12 months with twosies (blurry)

1 comment: