Monday, August 12, 2013

20 weeks

20 Weeks
I cannot believe it has been 3 weeks since my last post! AH! I started back to work and haven't had the energy to do anything at home. Let's see what is going on this week:

Hormonal- Yes! I cry at the drop of a hat and I will laugh hysterically when I am done. It doesn't make sense. 
Sleep- Yes and No. When I want and can sleep in, I am unable to because my Plus 1, almost 3 yrs old, likes to wake me up between 6-7am. This past saturday I was so ready to sleep till 10 am, but my Plus 1 yelled at me because I was on the wrong side of the bed. Then, she wanted "dinner" (hasn't learned what "breakfast" means). At this point, I am ready to fill her room full of granola bars so she can feed herself. :)  This morning is Monday and of course I have to get up early to go to work. Instead of letting my alarm wake me up at 5am, I am up at 3am. Even better. This happens every work day. I am tired and I do try to lay there to fall back to sleep, but I just can't. 
Cravings- Food. I have had a hankering for buffalo chicken. Horrible for you and loaded with sodium which doesn't help my sausage fingers. I keep meaning to go grocery shopping to pick up some ingredients to make cauliflower buffalo bites. I did have my fix for sauerkraut. I have a very large container as backup.
My belly- It is getting big. I went to see the perinatologist 2 weeks ago. Everything with the twosies is amazing. They couldn't get a read on my cervix because I was contracting. Lovely. It was just a braxton hicks contraction; however, I have been getting them more frequently and am nervous about what the doctor is going to say on Tuesday about my cervix. The contractions happen when I am sleeping and will wake me up. They get to the point where I cannot get comfortable and they will not go away till I stand up. It is such a nice feeling at 2 am. As soon as I lay down, they are back again. They happen as soon as my students leave from school. I think I ignore every signal my body gives me throughout the day and as soon as they leave it hits me like a ton of bricks. I tried to get a few things for dinner from Target, because it is on the way home, and I had that intense feeling of needing to sit down. I knew it was a bad feeling and I am praying my cervix hasn't changed on Tuesday. 
Movement- This week the movement has exploded! Baby B is going nuts. She sits right where my ribs meet. At first I thought it was a muscle spasm. But no, it is definitely all baby! She is having a party and it feels amazing. I can feel her little body on the right rib cage where it feels like she is going to bust it open. Baby A is a lot lower. She sits right on my bladder. I feel her most of the time.
What is on my mind? I had a lot on mind. I am so happy to made it to church on Sunday. The sermon was about mending broken relationships and how important your family and friends are. I am so thankful for my sister and her beautiful family. I am blessed to have amazing parents. I am also blessed to have wonderful friends. Some friends and I do not see eye to eye on certain things and I feel like they are often offensive and really piss me off deep down. I do know and need to remember that there are people who will never see what I see. Just because someone is a "negative" factor in you life, doesn't always mean you should rid them of a relationship. If there is a tiff over some silly bullshit, it is worth losing a family member or a friend? Let bygones be bygones and move past it. God always gives us a chance to start over before it is too late. 

Here is a not so good picture of me at 20 weeks: 



2 comments:

  1. You do not look tired at all. You look BEAUTFUL!!! Your belly though looks a little black and blue. Hang in there Baby. You are doing Awesome. XOXO

    ReplyDelete