Wednesday, September 18, 2013

25 Weeks

25 Weeks


I havent posted in 2 weeks! I am so sorry... Bed rest must be sooooo much fun!

Haha... Seriously, bed rest is kind of nice. Difficult to get used to and probably not ideal with a 3 year old, but I am resting!

Last week I went in for an ultrasound and everything came back fine. The babies are beautiful and my cervix didn't move from the spot it was at before. My OB did send me in to get a round of steroid shots to help the lungs develop (celestone I think is the name). The first one, Wednesday, hurt like hell. The following day's shot wasn't so bad. I had to keep all profanity to myself because I had my little Plus 1 with me. She was AMAZING during the entire 2 hour process.
I was not, however, ready for the side effects of the shot. First thing I noticed were my cheeks. They were bright red, like I was a drunken Irish girl or just kissed by the sun. The next thing I noticed was the restlessness. I wanted to sleep, but my heart raced and had other plans. I would lay down or even slightly at a decline and it felt like all of the blood in my body went to my neck and I couldn't breath. When I would fall asleep, I was quickly awaken by the sound of my snore!! Talk about annoying... 
My scalp was super itchy... GROSS, I know! But that usually happens to me when I eat something I'm allergic to. My Boobs.... They turned red as well! Swelling? YEP! Needless to say, I am not a fan.
Time for TMI talk- Since I had the shot, I cannot have a comfortable BM and it is killing me. I usually go several times a day with no issues. Now I am only going once daily or every couple of days. I can't stand it. I feel sooooo stopped up. However, it isn't hard when it comes out- just the process is difficult, if you get my drift. I drink a ton of water and eat lots of fiber. I even tried eating dairy, cheese and ice cream, to help clean me out... No go! This is the most ANNOYING feeling ever! I really think Baby A's head is just blocking everything... SO I am going to try some yoga poses and see if I can't move her.

There really isn't anything new this week, except I do have some tips for surviving bed rest with a toddler/preschooler.
1) If you are able to, send them to daycare/preschool/babysitter. It makes your daily naps and couch lounging more peaceful. They do not like to see you relaxing. 
2) Groom yourself daily. Take a shower, do your hair and makeup, dress comfortably. This will lift your spirits and put you in a good mood to do nothing. 
3) Catch up on your reading. Most of the classics are free on your reader, if you have one.
4) Take interest in new shows/movies. I really haven't developed this yet, but I have caught up on some movies on Netflix.
5) Join those mommy/baby boards. Find groups that fit your interests. For me, I joined boards about twins. Just a warning- some women get really RUDE and obnoxious... Deal with them how you wish, but don't let them piss you off. The crazy women have not graced their presence in some of those boards. 
6) If you do have a tablet, invest in some apps that will entertain your child. 
7) Do not feel bad that you are not giving them your undivided attention and keeping them engaged. This is a time for you to relax and keep cooking those babies! Most kids will understand that mommy cannot move too much if you explain it to them. Mine understands and will let me lay on the couch. Unfortunately, she will NOT let me fall asleep. Every 5 minutes I hear "Mommy, Mom, Momma, Mom , Mom, Mommy, Mommy..." Sounds like that little baby from that silly cartoon show. 
8) If your child wants you to do something with them, see if you can somehow manuvoer the situation so that you can still lay down. I have a coffee table by the couch, so if she wants me to color or play with playdoh I can lay on my side and still work with her. 
9) Have a reading time with your child. Pick a few books for the day. Try not to pick the same ones daily. There are only so many times I can read The Hungry Caterpillar and 101 Dalmatians before I want to go crazy!!
10) Don't worry about the crazy messy house. Try not to... It will get cleaned when it gets clean. If you can, have your child help clean. Sometimes I tell her that she needs to pick up her toys before we watch a movie or read a story or have lunch... Try to make it game, "Pick up all of the yellow toys." If the mess is too much, invite friends and family over. They will be more than happy to help.
11) Keep healthy snacks and drink accessible to your child. Otherwise you will be up more than you intended catering to their munchies. 

Well, my eyes are crossing which means it is time for bed!  Feel free to add more!

Here are the twosies at 25 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment